As an anti-inflammatory and demulcent (soothing) herb, Licorice Root works as a natural remedy for ulcers and can be beneficial to leaky gut syndrome which is tied to systemic health issues.
Why You'll Find this Herb in our Product
In the medical journal Molecular and Cellular Endocrinology, Licorice was found to help the body more efficiently regulate cortisol—the stress hormone—potentially preventing the adrenal glands from being overworked.
Especially Beneficial to Women
- Licorice Root appears to have an estrogen-like effect in women, lending itself as an option for menstrual- and fertility-related concerns.
- For treatment of menopause, this herb was shown in a Health Care for Women International study to be better than hormone replacement therapy at reducing the duration of hot flashes.
- As an antispasmodic, Licorice Root can have an effect on cramps in the abdominal, and potentially other, muscles, and can be a natural remedy for PMS.
As an Anti-inflammatory
- Licorice Root is one of the main adaptogen herbs for lowering cortisol.
- Topically, it can alleviate eczema discomfort and other dermal conditions as it acts as a hydrocortisone.
- Because of its anti-inflammatory properties, this herb may also help relieve pain, and act as a natural remedy for joint pain.